Director, International Institute of Refrigeration (IIR)
Didier Coulomb has been elected Director of the International Institute of Refrigeration in 2004.
The International Institute of Refrigeration (IIR) is the only independent intergovernmental science and technology-based organization which promotes knowledge of refrigeration and associated technologies that improve quality of life in a cost-effective and environmentally sustainable manner including:
· Food quality and safety from farm to consume
· Comfort in homes and commercial building
· Health products and service
· Low temperature technology and liquefied gas technology
· Energy efficiency
· Use of non-ozone depleting and low global warming refrigerants in a safe manner
Members of the IIR include 58 Member Countries. Member Countries take part in IIR activities via the commission members they select.